Love Machine by Kendall Ryan
5 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Stars from Ari
Narration: Andi Arndt, Sebastian York
Length: 4 hrs, 14 mins
After a rather uncomfortable ladies’ night involving a cucumber-wielding instructor with judgy eyes, I’m forced to admit my weaknesses. Rather than point blame at my lack of a sex life, I’m ready to roll up my sleeves and get to work.
As a junior executive who’s clawed her way up the corporate ladder, failure is not in my vocabulary. Confident and bold in other areas of my life, I have to admit it’s time to up my bedroom game.
Asking my friend Slate Cruz is really the only option. Slate is like a walking billboard for sex. The man gets more ass than a toilet seat. There’s no way I’ll want more from this playboy than a little inspiration to revive my inner sex kitten.
Except, what happens if I do?
Slate and Keaton have are best friends. Best friends help each other, right? Even when that means your best friend asks you to be her ‘sex tutor,’ right? If you’re Slate that’s exactly what it means. What could go wrong? Since the story is written by Kendall Ryan it goes so very right!
I break this review down into five points:
1. I loved Slate. He had me at hello! I adored him and my heart skipped a beat for him knowing he was the one who fell hard for his best friend.
2. The sexy times were hot. Cold drink, anyone? *fans self* Wow.
3. The humor and awkward situations make the book light and fun. I mean, who doesn’t like shenanigans? And Keaton and Slate had their share.
4. The friendship. Keaton and Slate have a bond beyond the sexual tutoring. Their friendship get real and strong and I liked that there was that foundation of a relationship already.
5. I really, really loved Slate. He basically made the story for me.
Narration by Andi Arndt and Sebastian York was amazing. This is probably my favorite narration duos ever! I can just always count on Andi Arnt to deliver a fantastic performance. I also want to say that I don’t think anyone could have sounded better than Sebastian York as Slate. Five stars for him alone. I haven’t swooned that hard in a good while.
Kendall Ryan never fails to give me fabulously sexy and fun romances with a touch of feels. Add in the two perfect narrators and this is definitely a five star listen.